Wednesday 6 February 2013

Vampires wouldn't sparkle here.

It's been a terrible two days of weather. Blue skies and sunny and pouring all at the same time. All day.
Yesterday, it was beautifully sunny after getting off the tram on my way home so I decided to do my grocery shopping then, instead of later. Bad idea. About 20 minutes later (it was a quick shop), it was absolutely pouring. I'm getting used to walking in the rain now. My weatherproof Zara jacket is becoming my best friend. But it's not the rain that's the bad part, it's the wind. The wind makes it impossible to keep up an umbrella as it just turned inside out as soon as it's even out of your bag. At least it wasn't bone chilling wind.

Best friend, Zara

The trams to uni are often verrrrryy squashy. They are always packed. My housemate told me about a bus that leaves from the station (which is closer than the tram stop) that goes to uni and it only takes 5 minutes more. Perfect. I decided to test it out yesterday. It was such a great trip. It remained blue skies long enough for me to get to the station and it was like fate. A bus arrived just as I was walking onto the platform. As I was getting onto the bus, it started pouring. So good. We then left the station and crossed over the massive bridge joining Bordeaux and whatever is over the other side of the bridge. Why are we crossing the bridge to get to uni? But uni is the other way? I had taken bus 10 that was heading back from uni and over to the other side of town; the opposite bus 10. I proceeded to panic and got off at the first stop over the other side. As soon as I was off the bus it was fine. There are bridges everywhere connecting the two sides, I just had to walk back. It probably would have been a half an hour walk. But I was now late for uni haha. I crossed the highway I was standing on and just walked up and down, finally finding the bus stop going back the other way. I got to uni late, so didn't go to class, I just waited for everyone else to finish and then caught the tram home with them (it was only an hour class). But I learnt a very valuable lesson from this experience.
Yesterday was Andrew's birthday so we dined out. We ate at a lovely thai restaurant, I'm pretty sure it was the best thai beef salad I've ever had. And then went to a creperie for dessert, and probably the best damn crepe I've ever eaten. I had caramel crepe and it tasted just like melted werthers original sauce. YUM.

Saint-André Cathédrale at night

This morning I tested the bus again, and it worked fine this time. Tonight I'm making nachos for dinner!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment