Saturday 29 June 2013

Parc Bordelais.

The last few days have been quite busy brushing up on my Spanish and Portuguese skills trying to navigate transport site for July (in case you didn't know, Nat and I are spending three weeks travelling from Spain to Portugal and back). I booked hostels a while ago, but most bus and train tickets can't be booked until 30 days before, if not less time. So far, I've booked three-quarters of the transport, using mostly trains in Spain and buses in Portugal. It's quite confusing to book because usually in both countries, bus and train prices are around the same, so it depends on the pick-up/drop-off points in relation to our hostel and time. (If anyone is looking to do Spain or Portugal soon, let me know. I can give you the low down on the entire system and all national companies!).
I've also booked tickets to Ax-les-thermes to see the Tour de France on the 6th July. I'm mostly excited because it's near a nature reserve, so this will be my first real France regional trip!
In between all of this madness, I took a trip to Parc Bordelais. We had a few days of sunshine in between rainy periods this weeks, so I got to wear shorts! It was really pretty, so I spent a few hours there picnicing and reading.












Obligatory selfie in the park

Stage map (Ax-les-thermes is at the end of the 
middle red line)

Getting lazy and steaming vegetables for dinner with 
soy sauce (YUM)

Ps. I'm sure you will be pleased to know that my excessive saliva problem has reduced. I don't know why or how, but I'm still going to learn how to spit. I think it might be a handy skill to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment