Tuesday 17 December 2013

All of the lights.

With the busy-ness of packing and closing accounts and things, I've totally neglected this blog for the last 10 days. Here's what's been happening:

I learnt to make bread (or just refined my technique, so it's more baguette-esque)

Deux baguettes!

And a multigrain roll!

I closed all accounts, like phone, bank, healthy insurance, government funding, etc. I've said it a million times, but I'll say it again. Administration in France is crap and super slow. If you want anything done, you need to go in to physically talk to a person. Sending an email doesn't work, the French don't work with emails, or phone calls. If you send an email, expect a reply in no less than 3 weeks. So, in order to close all of my accounts, I had to go in and notify them in person, and then send official letters to them as well… I got there in the end!

I finished uni today! I sat my final art history exam in the morning, which was ridiculously hard. But it's done now! All in all, a good semester.

Last Saturday night, the girls and I went to l'Entrecote for dinner. It's the one restaurant in France people line up for hours for all meals to get into. It's 18€ (which for AUS standards isn't expensive for a nice restaurant, but it is for France where there's restaurants on every corner) and they only do one meal. A steak. With secret sauce and unlimited fries and salad. We lined up for an hour in what was probably one of the coldest nights this half of the year so far, but we were rewarded with a window table. Score! The food was nice, so we were glad we went. Afterwards, we took a stroll around the Christmas markets and city for the last time as a group. Here are some photos of the night (and preceding day - that were taken by Candice):

Busy Rue Sainte Catherine at Christmas time

Around Bordeaux






The restaurant



Christmas markets and lights!


Gambetta


Cours de l'intendance



Rue Sainte Catherine at night

L'opera

The view from the restaurant over the markets

At the markets


Cathedrale Sainte-André


Ice skating at Hotel de Ville

Inside a giant bauble!


No comments:

Post a Comment