Monday 11 July 2011

Testing. 1. 2.

I've started many a blog before, but never kept one up for more than a few months. This one's going to last!
I'm currently at UTS (University of Technology, Sydney) studying a combined degree of a Bachelor of Design in Fashion and Textiles and a Bachelor of Arts in International Studies. Right now, I'm a second year student enjoying my mid-semester break. Though in about a year and a half I will leave to spend one year some where unknown to me yet in France.
As part of my course, I will study the French language for 2 years (though I have been studying for many a year more) and then travel to a University in France where I will complete one year of study at the uni of my choice. There's a list of about 9 that I can choose from, though it seems so far away I haven't even really started considering any yet.
Though I am nervous. I'm nervous about the language. Holidaying in a country where English is not the first language has the potential to be difficult enough, though actually attending university in one of those countries? I'm also a little nervous about finances. Having to support myself for a whole year without parental help and find a job too!
But, all considered, I am super excited and ready to learn!

I'm endeavouring to blog as much as possible whilst I'm there, mainly for the sake of family and friends, so feel free to share my French (and European) cultural experience with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment