Thursday 31 January 2013

Out to dinner.

Today was another day at uni, although I only really had an hour so it wasn't that busy. It was translation, version (english to french - the harder one). I thought the teacher was reasonably nice, until she was giving the class an example of the way a student had wrongly translated something and the student's friend clapped. The class went silent and she gave us all a ten minute talking to, in which she said of the person who had clapped, "You're parents should be ashamed of the way they raised you". Wow. I didn't know people could say that??

Lucy and I after class

After class, I went home and uni worked, then headed back out a while later for dinner with Jason. After his birthday dinner yesterday, we found an Indian restaurant on our way to the pub, that actually looked nice and warm inside. No one else was keen for Indian food so we just went. I had the house special - Agneau Taj Mahal, or Lamb with a cashew and almond sauce. The sauce was amazing, as was the naan bread that was served with it!
For dessert, we decided to be classy, and seeing as neither us had been to Maccas here yet (and there are 2 within 10 minutes walking distance from our houses), we decided to grab some soft serves. We didn't know the word for soft serves, so we frantically search the menu, but couldn't find them... We ended up just saying we wanted ice cream, and Jason made out as if he was holding a cone haha. Apparently Maccas in France don't sell ice creams in cones! I was so distraught. We chose second best - caramel kit kat mcflurrys. It was probably the best mcflurry I've ever had in my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment