Wednesday 6 March 2013

Routine.

Well another 4 days has passed (I think, I don't remember when I last blogged...). Nope, just checked, 3 days!
Monday was, as usual, the tying up all loose ends from the week before. I woke up early because I had a lot to get through - washing, grocery shopping, a run, and some uni work, before cooking lunch and then afternoon relax in the sun and then church. It was incredibly warm - I just wore a long sleeve shirt in church. I'm getting used to the structure of the services now and what the prayers are/the things all said together. After church, I walked to the decathlon store and bought a yoga mat. Sadly I haven't taken up yoga, but I do like to stretch of a morning/afternoon and as I have floor boards, it's pretty uncomfortable.

Leaving church!

There were no tulips left at the store, so I had to settle
for yellow roses

Cooked my first lot of burrito's!

Tuesday was back at uni and nothing much exciting happened.
Today was also uneventful, but we have a new teacher for translation/version as our old one broke one of her bones and it out for the rest of the semester. She had only found out she was teaching us that morning, so the class was very impromptu and disorganised. It was scheduled for two hours on our virtual timetables to make up for no class last week, but she didn't know that, so we left early. Instead of the usual 1:30-2:30pm class time, today's class was from 12:30-1:30pm. Smack in the middle of french lunch time and did we know about it! Students were complaining everywhere. She wanted to permanently change the class time to 12:30, but the class was in uproar! So it's staying as it was. When I came home, I knew the electrician was coming, but he came really early! I was the only one home when he called to say he was here. I almost freaked out when the phone rung. It doesn't ring very often, but when it does, I've never answered it before (I've never had reason to answer it actually). But, being the only only one home, I did. He was really nice, he didn't speak any english, but could tell I wasn't a native speaker so slowed down when explaining electrical things to me lol. After he left, I went for the most amazing run, and set new records for myself. Came home, uni worked, and am about to start some knitting and vampire diaries!

Pretty much a salad on a burrito = yum! I had leftover
wraps from my burrito making a few days ago, so decided
to use them up before they went off!

I've also changed my eating times around a bit. I actually did about a week ago, and after trialling, it seems to be working well. I now eat my main meal of the day at lunch time. I'll have a mediocre sized breakfast (yoghurt, oats, fruit, sometimes toast, pretty much whatever), and then I'll cook a big lunch like a steak and salad, burritos, etc, whatever it is, I eat until I'm full. Then at dinner, I'm usually not hungry, so I'll have some fruit and hot chocolate, maybe a small dessert, and the day is done! It's been more convenient this way and more fruitful. It's easier cooking dinner in the sunlight at midday and sitting down to a good lunch, than cooking dinner when it's dark and you just want to sleep. I'm also usually more in a cooking mood at lunchtime (usually around 12:30pm). This isn't a very French way to eat though. They eat three meals only a day, always three courses and always cooked (maybe except breakfast). Cooking at lunchtime also means I can go out of an afternoon as well, like running or shopping or something, and not worry about being home at 5:30pm to start dinner (my housemates start cooking about 6:30pm, so if I start later, it kind of throws everyone out).

1 comment: