Monday 17 June 2013

Last day in L-town/mummy goes home.

Following a stuff up with our airport transfer, which had us leaving for Gatwick at 9am for 8pm flights home, mum and I cancelled that the next morning and left for Westminster Abbey.
It was pretty awesome inside! I think it was about 15 pounds to enter, including an audio guide. I didn't know that it was so old, nor that so many people are buried there. Or, that there are memorials to all sorts of people, such as Jane Austen and William Shakespeare.
Leaving Westminster after a few hours, we tubed it to Hyde Park, which was a bit of a disappointment. It is literally just a park. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but not what it was obviously.
Doing last minute shopping, we went back to the hotel, and trained it back to Gatwick, which was cheaper and quicker than the transfer anyway!
I said goodbye to mummy at about 8pm and went on my way back to Bordeaux :( The flight was probably the most turbulent I've ever been on. It was absolutely pouring when I arrived home!

Inside Westminster Abbey - I wasn't aware that I couldn't
take photos in there, so these are some sneaky shots

The cloister


Out the front where Kate walked through to 
marry William

Marble Arch

Hyde park



No comments:

Post a Comment