Sunday 25 August 2013

Day Eighteen and Nineteen. London.

Day Eighteen was mainly spent on a train. We farewelled our comrades who were continuing to Ireland in the morning, and three of us headed to the train station. It was a 5 hour trip from Glasgow back to London. I periodically slept, but the scenery when I was awake was great. That afternoon, I checked in to my hotel, got some free wifi, grabbed some food from a Tesco and had an early night in. I was exhausted! But not exhausted enough to not watch Harry Potter on TV! It's so much more exciting watching it when you're in London. I forget as well, but one of the places we went to on the tour, Dartford Tunnel in Liverpool, was where they filmed a scene from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part One, where Harry and Hagrid go spinning through a tunnel. 
The next morning I had a sleep in, and when I got up, went exploring in the British Museum. Mum and I had gone to the BM last time we were in London, but only went to see a few things. It's too massive to explore the entire museum in one day anyway, but I kind of wizzed through, seeing all sorts of interesting and old stuff. 
I then headed back to the hotel, collected my stuff, and made the trek to the airport for a 7:30pm flight home (the same flight I got when I was leaving mum 2 months earlier).
All-in-all an amazing trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment