Friday 23 August 2013

Day Seventeen. Stirling and Glasgow.

This was the last full day of the tour, as I was finishing in Glasgow. About 15 of us were finishing, while the others were continuing onto Ireland.
In the morning, we headed to Stirling, where William Wallace fought his most famous battle; 'The Battle of Stirling Bridge'. We explored Stirling Castle, built by James V, and the had some time for lunch. The castle was, frankly, a little disappointing for how expensive it was to get in. It was 12,50 pounds, and had been almost completely renovated on the inside so it wasn't that old at all. The outside was original, but a lot of the ceiling had been repainted and wood panels had been revarnished and stuff, so it didn't look that worn. It was still interesting to see though.
After, I headed into town for lunch. It was a bit of a hike downhill but worth it. I found a small café and ordered a baguette, forgetting that I wasn't in France. It was a bit disappointing... haha
We then jumped back on the bus and headed to the Wallace monument on the opposite hill where Wallace had gathered his men just before the battle. It has a great view back over the town.
On our way into Glasgow, we stopped at a small rest stop and saw some Highland Cows up close. They're really funny, and a bit dumb, but so cool to look at. I don't think they can actually see you though...
I don't have any photos of Glasgow unfortunately. It looks like a regular town though, almost a bit like Sydney, if not a little older. But there wasn't anything particularly exciting about it, so I didn't grab any photos. I walked into town when we go there and grabbed some afternoon tea/dinner, and then went back and napped at the hotel. As it was the last day away, I was pretty tired, and we were all going out that night, so I didn't want to be dead!
We started out at a less crowded bar for some drinks and then onto a more rowdier night club. It was awesome! Such a great night as the last one out.

Stirling Castle







Great Hall






Painted ceilings 






Highland cows!


Last night out in Glasgow!


Rosie, Stella, me and Caitlin

No comments:

Post a Comment