Saturday 28 September 2013

European Summer.

Well, summer is officially over. In Europe, seasons change on the 22nd of the month, so it actually ended 6 days ago. There are definitely defined seasons here. One day it's raining and you're wearing a scarf, literally the next day you're wearing a singlet and shorts and wishing your skull came with an inbuilt fan.
While I was out running today, a song came on my playlist which reminded me of a time in San Sebastian. The last night Nat and I had before heading home. We were in a bar/club type thing and dancing, and Avicci's 'Wake Me Up' came on. Now every time that song comes on, it takes me back to Spain and Portugal.
And as I ran, I was thinking that most places or trips I've taken this year have a song (or two) that always reminds me of a particular place.
Turkey is Six60's "Only to be", the UK is Florence and the Machines "Sweet Nothing" or Lana Del Rey's "Summertime Sadness" (the Cedric Gervais remix), and the Eastern Europe trip I took is a song I wrote myself called "Little Lederhosen Man" which I sung to mum all the time.
They're all songs on my exercise playlist, and they make me feel nostalgic and good when they come on. I love how music can remind you of specific memories and places!

No comments:

Post a Comment