Thursday 26 September 2013

Back to uni.

I've successfully completed my first week back at uni. After a confusing hiccough, I've sorted it out and am on the straight. The majority of my classes I'm taking solo, which is difficult as if I miss something important or miss a class, I don't have anyone to rely on. But, on the other hand, it forces me to be diligent and attentive in class. I vote for just not missing anything in class.
Monday was a painfully long day. First up was a theory of aesthetics tutorial. It's basically analysing texts written by different artists and writers on the aesthetics of art, what is art, and what it means to be an artist. My tut is young, and seems like she'll mark me in accordance with everyone else in the class which is a little scary, but I'm willing to give it a go.
Next was TICC Infographie. I learnt how to move images in Photoshop. Brilliant. I love using Photoshop and Illustrator in my spare time, so I'm down with this class already.
I then had a 2 hour break until a history of contemporary creation lecture. At 2 hours and finishing at 7:30pm, it was a bit of a struggle to concentrate. But all was well. I'm going to need to sort out something for dinner though, like being prepared and cooking two meals on a Sunday night.
Tuesday was just two art history and art aesthetics lectures. I finished at 12:30pm and skedaddled home for lunch.
Wednesday was a fun but daunting class. Drawing. I'm not the best drawer, and my abilities only really lie in the realm of fashion drawing. The teacher took it easy though in teaching us perspective. I remember learning it in year 9 art, but having not done it for so long it was a bit difficult to pick it back up again. The premise was pretty much how to translate birdseye views of rooms into front on views, drawn with accurate perspective and range. It was difficult to say the least, but enjoyable, and hopefully it will help with my drawing in general. I've also got a few things to buy for this class, but nothing too substantial and nothing I have at home, so I'm not annoyed at not bringing stuff from Aus.
Today was spent reading a history of the colour blue. Yes, that's right. I bought an art book from Mollat and that's the one I chose. Bleu: Histoire d'une couleur. It's a pretty difficult read, but discusses interesting topics and will hopefully enrich my artistic vocabulary. I got lazy during the day and opted for an afternoon/7pm swim, which was a big mistake. Wednesday is usually swimming day, but after my drawing class just wanted to run and relax. As I discovered today, there's no point ever going to the poo again on a Thursday arvo. It was absolutely packed. When swimming in a 50m lane, you really only got 35m of solid swimming in, and then the final 15m were spent breast stroking it because everyone slowed down. I got fed up with constantly overtaking peopler and moved to a 25m section of pool which was a roped off 50m double lane. The only problem was turning around and having nothing to push off at one end. I swam 600m and left lol. Shortest swimming sesh ever.

I've also been baking a lot recently. I'm not sure why, but I love baking cakes now. Tomorrow I'm baking oat cookies and apple cake. YUM.

1 comment:

  1. great keep up with the cakes. We really need them when you get home!

    ReplyDelete