Friday 20 September 2013

Little Turkey.

I went back to uni last week. Surprisingly, it was pretty good. I only had lectures to begin first week, so had both art theory and art history lectures. Talking about the renaissance in French was cool. I felt like such an art student, I thought about buying a beret and carrying paint brushes around in my back pocket. I also dropped French Literature after I discovered a computer based design subject. Yeah for computers! Apart from sewing, designing on computers is my favourite thing to do in the fashion industry. I love computers. That class starts next week, so I'll see how I go!
I'm more just looking forward to going back to uni so I have something to do when in Bordeaux (other than eating and exercising). Speaking of exercising, I swam my first ever 1500m the other day, and have been running every day now. The last run I did marked 500km run this year! Here's a link to my strava site if you so desire to follow my physical progress:

http://app.strava.com/athletes/1039069

Also feeling like a grown-up, I noticed a problem with my CAF last month when I didn't get paid. So I went and sorted it out with a very nice woman at the office. I've noticed a real difference in my confidence in speaking French to other people now. When I first arrived, I didn't particularly like speaking to other people, unless I knew I knew exactly what I was saying, and all of my tenses are correct, and the verbs agreed and blah. Now, I don't particularly care. I know I'm going to make mistakes, and I know the other person will always (usually) understand... 
When I was walking home from the CAF, I saw a rockmelon for sale! I live in the the Muslim/ethnic quarter of Bordeaux. I enjoy it, there's always something cultural happening. It's handy also for fruit and veg shopping, there are so many corner stores there aren't enough corners for them all! Jumping on the rockmelon, I went inside to pay and discovered a whole other world. I've walked past these stores a million times, but had never been actually inside them. It was literally like being back in Turkey. This particular store sold all Turkish treats, turkish delight from turkey, hand made fresh turkish delight to try, spices, all manner of nuts, etc. But, best of all, it sells Turkish bread. The fresh circle of bread that can be equated to the circle of life. It is so delicious, it was the first thing I ate when I was in actual Turkey. I'm going to explore every one of those stores before I leave this year!


Out for dinner before uni goes back

Nat and I

At Houses of Parliament for a chill


No comments:

Post a Comment