Saturday 14 September 2013

Fruit consumption.

I didn't realise I eat A LOT of fruit until my newest housemate made a comment about it the other day while I was eating breakfast. I then totalled every piece of fruit I eat. Here's how much fruit I eat per week, every week:
- 1 rockmelon
- 6-7 nectarines
- 500g grapes
- 4 apples
- 5 plums
- 1 lemon
- 2 pears
- Sometimes a honey dew melon if available

I just can't get enough fruit! I eat it all day long, it's even become my snack food now. And when I go back to uni, it will become my lunch food too. It's just so super easy to eat, and it's delish. And it goes with everything, I mix it in with yoghurt, put apple and nectarine in my stirfry, put pears in my lunch salad. It's everywhere! I'm trying to get as much of a variety in my diet while it's available, because as soon as it starts getting wintery again, the only available will be pears, apples and oranges.
And yes I know, too much fruit can make you gain weight, but it's either I gain weight by eating fruit, or gain weight by eating chocolate. I choose fruit! And the occasional chocolate. (I'm not actually gaining weight btw).
And I run everyday, so that keeps my sugar levels in check.

In other news, the temperature has dropped. The weather has gone back to being bleak most days, and an average of 20 degrees. It rains at least once most days too. Oh happy days!

No comments:

Post a Comment