Wednesday 11 September 2013

Subject Selection.

Hi-5's all round for being independent. 

This week hasn't really been filled with exciting things, other than washing, grocery shopping and cleaning. But, I did choose my subjects for uni this semester!
After some problems with my account, which I had sorted out from a previously unheard of IT department, I as able to access my timetable builder. One of the only things about French enrolment that you can do at home. I knew the process of enrolling, much like last semester, was going to be a long and tedious one. So, first day of potential enrolment, office opens at 9am, I was there at 8:15am (I may have woken up earlier than expected, and got bored sitting at home). Last semester, Lucy, Andrew and I did subject selection quite late, and thus missed out on some subjects we really wanted to do. With over 300 international students at BX3, I thought getting in early would be the best option for this semester, especially as I had my heart set on some interesting subjects. 
I wasn't even the first one at the office. I was the second. The first was a like-minded girl from Leeds Uni, who was enrolling too. She was lovely! We chatted until it was time to go in. Once in, my timetable builder wasn't working. So, instead of being helped, I was told to come back in a few days... Frustrated, I left, and on my way to the tram, I passed the head of the International Student office. he had remembered me from last semester (Luce, Theo, and I are the only one's who have already completed a semester). He asked me how I went with subjects, and I told him my account wasn't working properly. He took me up to the main office and enrolled me there and then. Yeah for being the first international student officially enrolled at the uni! My timetable builder was still going to take a few days though to be fully up and working.
Finally, on Monday, I went back into uni (now that my timetable builder was working) and had a rather painless enrolment into every subject I wanted. Score! What's better is that the Leeds girl, Charlotte, had had the same problem as me, and so was there too. So I had someone to complain too about French admin and so did she haha.
Most of the BX7 others have enrolled now, but didn't all get there first choices and had far more problems enrolling than I did with a system malfunction. I'm not sure if I'm in classes with any of them...
Anyway, my final subject choices were:
Littérature Française 1
Culture et Histoire des Arts: Histoire de l'Art, Histoire de la création contemporaine
Théorie des Arts 1: Esthétique et théorie des Arts, Théorie du Design
With 12 hours a week over Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, I should have enough to keep me busy.

Timetable

Other than that, a few nights ago, a few of the girls went out for Lucy's 22nd birthday! I'm also currently completing my fourth UTS ICS project due in a week. And I'm back to running everyday, and swimming once a week. And looking forward to going back to uni!

Growing pains

Baking nutella cake!

Typical whats-in-my-pantry-at-any-given-moment

Candice, Lucy, Nat and I for Lucy's birthday

Cooking Asian!

No comments:

Post a Comment