Thursday 5 September 2013

Being Accomplished.

Well, my oh my how the tables have turned. I didn't really know what to expect from the new uni semester. Last semester, I would never have enrolled by myself, chosen subjects by myself, or spoken to teachers by myself.
Today, I did all three. I even had a problem enrolling and straightened everything out myself. It was so weird remembering how I was in January with my language skills. The enrolment process was still as frustrating as ever, but it was made slightly more easier by my feelings of accomplishment. When I was getting my student card, I overheard a new international student asking the enrolment staff if they spoke english. Bless her! I was almost just like her a few months ago, except I would never have asked, only nodded and agreed as they babbled at me in French.

Anyway, the last week has been getting busier again, which is exciting. I've begun my first assignment for UTS ICS2, which is looking like a mammoth task, taking on laicité.
I also spent a day at Ikea and surrounding stores. This was such a wonderful experience. I love Ikea. But, one thing I've also noticed a change in is I don't spend money anymore when I don't need to. I'm no longer an impulsive buyer (I came super close with a rabbit that looked just like Peter and I envisioned our life together). But no, I'm not even a buyer at all. If I don't need it, it stays on the shelf. Life win for me!
Yesterday, Lucy, Jason and myself sat through orientation again. The others aren't back from travelling yet, but as it was the same orientation as last semester, they didn't miss much.
All in all, shaping up to be a good second semester! And it's still warm. Uni in the sunshine - YES!

No comments:

Post a Comment