Wednesday 13 November 2013

Running Race!

So, I finally ran my first official run on Monday. What a great way to spend a public holiday. God must have wanted to encourage me more, so he stopped it from raining just for the few hours surrounding the race. I left the house pretty early to pick up my race number (545), and just generally scope out everyone else. I hadn't expected so many people! There were about 2000 running altogether. I'm pretty sure we were all present and chilling like an hour before it even started. And we all got free shirts! I was pretty happy with how I paced myself. I didn't slack off on any km, so it felt pretty good. Overall, my 'official time' was 00:54:34, and my 'real time' was 00:53:54. I came 1364 overall, and 97/257 of all senior females running (yeah that's right, only 257 senior females out of like 2000! Running really isn't a female thing here in France, nor is exercise of any kind really). So I finished - it was exciting running through those massive blow up sign things, and was given some sort of energy drink, mars bars and some muesli. Yum!
I headed home to have a shower and get stuck into some UTS work. My 5000 final research assignment is due in a week. I'm looking at whether the French law no.2004-228 introduced in 2004 banning the wearing of religious garments in public schools is an impediment of the right to free expression of religion. It's interesting, just tedious.
I've also got a friend staying with me at the moment. Sarah, who's perpetually travelling haha, is staying for about a week. My first guest! Other than mum...

Free shirts all round!

After the race

Some practice gingerbread baking for a Christmas
gingerbread house in a few weeks


Choc chip and oat slice - so yum

No comments:

Post a Comment