Wednesday 20 February 2013

Churching and Dining.

Monday, again, was lovely weather. But I had work to do. So I went running in the morning and then did some grocery shopping and then settled in. I had an in-class test for dynamiques et recompositions on Thursday (tomorrow!). Angela, the ICS France coordinator, has told us that our french uni marks in no way at all count. But, I'd still like to pass just for my own mind!

Yoghurt here is my staple. I love this 
yoghurt so much, I eat it with my cereal
as milk. And then usually have it for lunch

I think I've found my usual church time: Monday, 6pm at Cathedral Saint-AndrĂ© (the massive one I shared photos of a few weeks ago). Churches here don't have Sunday afternoon mass times, so it's either 10:00am or you miss it. But Saint-AndrĂ© has daily services, so Monday night it is. I went for the first time this past Monday. It was pretty cool. It was such a warm day, so it was a nice walk there. The service wasn't held in the main seating area, it was next to the chorus, in a room to the side. Well, when I say room, I mean there were 17th century delicate wrought iron walls separating us from the main building. There were heaps of candles! Which gave it a cool feel. I was the youngest there by far! There were maybe 25-30 people, all aged between 40-80. Actually, there was a young couple there who looked to be about 30. I've never been to a Catholic church before, but it was interesting. All throughout the service, the church would say things together, which I had no idea of. The sermon was also pretty good, from what I could understand.
Afterwards, I called Jason up and we went exploring for food! We found a french restaurant in the small square and I had the most amazing duck. Then we bought cakes/dessert from a small bakery thing on our walk home.

Leaving church

Out for dinner

Place de la Bourse

Saint-Michel

Saint-Croix doors

Tuesday was back into uni and studying!

No comments:

Post a Comment