Sunday 17 February 2013

The Bordelaise are quite a spirited bunch.

Friday nights dinner was lovely. We just dined at the same thai restaurant as for Andrew's birthday. Zoe and Ella had come across from Poitiers and Mitch had come from Lyon. I had the thai beef salad again because it's absolutely amazing!

Out for dinner

Mitch, Lucy, Zoe, Candice, Ella and myself

Saturday was another beautiful day; no clouds and just blue sky. It was the day of our crémaillère/house warming party. In the morning Léa, Leah and I all went to the supermarket to buy food and alcohol. We bought so much our hands hurt carrying it home! I had planned on doing work today, but as it was such lovely weather, found I couldn't stay indoors. It was actually warm! I didn't wear a jacket all day, just a long sleeve shirt and jumper. I walked down to Nansouty today to buy some cake. I hadn't walked the opposite way from town yet and knew there was a small shopping village (well, there are small shopping villages everywhere). It was about a 10-15 minute walk, but so worth it. The cake I had was so good, but I don't actually know what it was... haha
When I got back to the house, we just cleaned and set up/moved furniture about and made sure breakables were away. People started arriving at 9pm. My friends all left at about 1:30am, so I went to bed haha I was feeling so tired! The last people, who weren't staying the night, left at about 4am. The party was massive. About 50 people came altogether in our living room lol. One of Leah's friends is a dj, so he bought his stuff and played for the night.

"Tonight will be the end of this house"

All drinks

In the morning, I walked into the lounge room and all I could smell was smoke. We have two large french windows at the front of the living room and people had been smoking out of those all night. The smell had just lingered all night. We promptly opened the windows and I had breakfast while a few of Leah's friends woke up. I then skyped mum and dad and then rushed to the soccer. I didn't know it was going to be so busy! My bus was packed with guys going. Outside the actual stadium, there were people everywhere. Inside, it sounded like a scene out of gladiator. People yelling and chanting, it was really exciting. I was meeting Zoe, Lucy and Sarah at one of the gates. They all went to one and I went to another. I walked around the entire stadium before I found them. Unfortunately, we missed the start of the match. But once we got inside, it was mad. We found our seats, and stood on them. We were seated in the Bordeaux fan section, and everyone was standing on their seats yelling, so we did for the entire game. These people just chanted and yelled for the entire game. There was one guy at the front who had a microphone and some speakers and he was leading them all, but everyone just knew what to chant. Constantly putting their hand up and clapping and yelling stuff I couldn't understand, except "Bordelaise allez allez, Bordelaise allez" repeatedly. Bordeaux lost 4-0 :( There were riot squads everywhere, it was so chaotic. When the game finished, we didn't even bother trying to get onto public transport, we just walked home (about 30-40 minutes).

Stade Chaban-Delmas

Bordeaux v. Lyon

Bordeaux v. Lyon

Bordeaux v. Lyon

Bordeaux v. Lyon

Bordeaux v. Lyon

Zoe, me and Lucy

Zoe, me and Sarah

Blue sky!

I had woken with a bit of a headache this morning and it was aggravated by people smoking at the stadium, so I bought a quiche on my way home and ate dinner at about 5:15pm and then went to sleep. I woke back up at 7:30pm and thought it was morning lol. Now I'm just sitting up uni working!

No comments:

Post a Comment