Monday 25 February 2013

Snow.

It finally snowed! YES! I went out to go shopping on Saturday mid-morning and as I closed my front door and turned around, I had to stifle a squeal haha. It was so pretty! It started off really light, and by the time I had arrived at rue Saint-Catherine, it was so heavy! And it wasn't raining, other than it snowing, the weather was perfect - not even that cold (1 degree I think). That afternoon, the sun even came out. It wasn't cold enough though for the snow to gather, so it just hit the ground and melted away.
I spend the day just walking around town, I did buy some long sleeve shirts as the weather gets warmer. It's getting a bit too warm to wear a shirt, jumper and jacket now in the sun. But not warm enough to wear just a shirt and jacket/jumper. So I bought some warm long sleeve shirts that act as both a shirt and jumper. Everybody's a winner!

Snow on Saint-Catherine

Snow

Snow

That night, I had fondue with Nat, Sarah and Jason. It was the coolest! The restaurant was so cosy. When the food came out, it was plates of raw meat with six different sauces. In the middle was a pot of oil over a fire. You put the raw meat on the fondue stick and into the oil, it started sizzling straight away and cooked in about 30-45 seconds. It was served with some of the world's best potatoes. We only had the meat fondue, there was cheese available as well, which the people at the table next to us had and it looked so good!

Fondue pot and meat

The restaurant chandelier

Nat and I

Sunday it rained, so I opted to stay in and get some uni work done. That's really all I did.

Today it snowed again! I could see it on my skylight and thought it was just rain. But then wondered why it wasn't making any noise as it landed. Then realised! I did some work in the morning, then went out and did some art shopping. I'm not sure how I got onto stalking photos of needlelace on google, but I did, and then I wanted to make some. Ever since arriving, I've missed not being able to just make art whenever I want. I only brought a set of coloured pencils over with me. I bought some markers, a paint brush and some watercolour blocks at the art store, then ventured to a fabric store and bought some thread, then onto a wool store and bought a ball of crochet thread. When I got home, I didn't have much time before I had to leave for church, so I just knitted some more jumper, then left. I feel I'm picking more up each week. I certainly understood more than last week. As it was so cold, I didn't go out for dinner after, but went home for left overs.

Snow on the skylight

Things I bought

It's also my housemate, Leah's, 21st birthday today. Léa and I bought her a present a few days ago, and Léa made cheesecakes yesterday. They were seriously the best cheesecakes I've ever tasted. I'll have to get the recipe off her. I somehow also promised to make lamingtons soon haha so I'll have to keep my promise. Maybe Wednesday (one of my tuts had a bad car accident and is out for the rest of the semester, so class has been cancelled for this week until they find a new one).
Felt like this weekend went for so long. I think because it's the first one in a while that I haven't had anything planned.

Knitting... slowly getting there


No comments:

Post a Comment