Sunday 17 March 2013

Bridge Opening.

The fireworks on Friday night were amazing. Not as good as Sydney or anything, but the atmosphere was really cool. The quays were packed, I didn't even know there were that many people in Bordeaux! Afterwards, we went back to the carnival for more fun times! Nat, Candice, Lucy and I paid to get into massive plastic bubbles and roll around on water while people stood around and watched/laughed! It was so much hard than it looked, I only managed to stand up once, and the guy/owner kept coming around and spinning the balls/pushing you over haha. The water was so cold, you could feel it through the plastic. But it was fun nonetheless!
I also had my first ever churro! With nutella!! Yum! So cheap too - 20 churros for 5 euros (I didn't eat them all, I promise)!

Fireworks! (this one was taken by a pro haha)



Carnival

Lucy and Candice prior to their near death experience




Nat and I

Nat, Lucy, Candice and I

Candice getting blown up

Lucy getting blown up

Me freaking out?

Haha


Lucy being push over



Me with everyone else's food! HAHA

Yesterday's (Saturday's) weather was very choppy. It was sunny in the morning when I woke, but towards 9am, I could see clouds starting to form. I wanted to go for a run, so decided to go then! As I was running along the keys, there were heaps of people everywhere! So I turned off them and went to Jardin Public. I later found out there were so many people there because the President and Prime Minister were here to officially open the bridge! It later rained in the afternoon, but Candice, Lucy and I still went out for dinner. We found a really lovely, cute restaurant in some back streets. They had two power cuts in the first 15 minutes of us being there, but then everything was fine. I had one of the best salads I've had since being here, as an entrée. It was pouring when I walked home, but that just made it even more fun! haha

Leah took this photo of the main bridge
in Bordeaux

Presidential day on the quays

A very old wood ship

Today, I'm hunkering down into some ICS work. Even more fun times!

No comments:

Post a Comment